A Philadelphia car accident lawyer can help you get compensated after getting rear-ended. If you have been hurt in a rear-end car accident, you may deserve a monetary payment. We can assist in ensuring your rights are protected. It’s our goal for you to be compensated fairly for your injuries and damages.
We are Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. Our experienced Philadelphia auto accident lawyers represent injured victims.
Call 215-274-0173 or send a message today to discuss your case and begin.
Lawyers for Rear-End Accident Victims in Philadelphia
When you’re hurt in a rear-end crash, our lawyers can help you receive the justice you deserve. You may have significant injuries and pain. Your vehicle may be damaged. It can be difficult to continue to work.
Financial compensation can give you the help you need. It can cover medical bills and personal expenses. It can acknowledge your pain and suffering and what you have lost.
We represent victims and families, including residents and visitors to the Philadelphia area.
Come meet our team and learn about our track record of success. We can meet you in the hospital, at home, or at another convenient place. Call 215-274-0173 or message us now.
How our lawyers can help
Here are some of the ways our lawyers can assist you following a rear-end accident:
- Identifying your injuries, including delayed onset of symptoms and future damages
- Contesting allegations of fault
- Reviewing options for claiming compensation through no-fault policies or third-party compensation
- Proving the severity of injuries to sustain a third-party negligence claim
- Understanding what damages should be considered in a rear-end accident case
- Knowing legal procedures and the legal process for compensation
- Recognizing legal issues in rear-end accident cases and issues that are present in your situation
Whether the accident has just happened or you have already begun the claims process, we can assist you at any stage in the case. Law firm founder and lead trial attorney, Tom Gibbons, handles each case personally. Your case receives the individualized attention it deserves from experienced legal professionals. With Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers, you have a legal team that you can trust.
Who Is at Fault for a Rear-End Accident?
Most often, the person driving the vehicle in the back is at fault for a rear-end accident. Here are some reasons that the driver in the back may be at fault for a rear-end accident:
- Failing to leave sufficient following distance, tailgating, speeding
- Poorly judging the needed stopping distance
- Failing to account for adverse weather conditions
- Distracted driving, texting while driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Hitting the gas instead of the brakes
Usually, the person in the vehicle behind is at fault for a rear-end accident.
Are there any circumstances where the driver in the back is not at fault for a rear-end accident?
There are some circumstances where the driver in the back is not at fault for a rear-end accident. Some examples are:
- Mechanical failure so that brakes do not work
- Suddenly cutting off the vehicle behind
- Purposefully backing up into the vehicle in the back when both vehicles are stopped
- Road design that makes it difficult to stop, like a steep hill
It’s possible that the person in the back is not at fault for a rear-end accident, but it’s rare. Whatever the circumstances, it’s important to document fault so that victims can prove their right to compensation.
As part of our representation, our lawyers can assist you in documenting and evaluating fault for your rear-end accident. We understand what to prove to make your case a success, and we can assist with all steps of your case.
Compensation for a Rear-End Accident
Compensation for a rear-end car accident may include the following:
- Emergency medical bills
- Surgery, stabilization, treatment, and medical supplies
- Physical therapy
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages and career damage
- Mental health injury including anxiety, PTSD, and depression
- Vehicle and personal property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement, permanent injury, and injury to lifestyle
Rear-end accidents often produce significant injury. The harm to the person’s health, income, and lifestyle may be significant. Don’t accept a settlement without talking to an experienced lawyer. We know how to evaluate your compensation and ensure you’re getting the payment you deserve.
Rear-End Accident FAQs
What happens to your body in a rear-end collision?
In a rear-end collision, your body is thrown forward at an unnatural speed. The forces placed on the body may result in whiplash, sprains, tears, brain trauma and spinal injury. In addition, blunt force trauma may result in broken bones and internal organ damage.
What should I watch after being rear-ended?
After being rear-ended, watch for delayed onset of symptoms. Whiplash and internal organ damage may be serious, but it may not show right away. A victim should ensure that they receive the appropriate medical care and document their injuries for compensation.
Can you hurt your back from getting rear-ended?
Back pain is a common injury from being rear-ended. Muscles in the back may be strained, and nerves may suffer damage. Back pain may appear as a symptom of these injuries.
What is a rear-end accident settlement?
A rear-end accident settlement fully resolves a claim for compensation. Before agreeing to a settlement, an injured person should talk to a lawyer to make sure their damages are fully represented, including future losses.
Get a Consultation – Talk to a Lawyer Now
If you have been in a rear-end accident, we invite you to talk to a Philadelphia car accident lawyer. At Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers, you are not just a number. You are an important member of our community who is suffering because of the actions of others.
See how we can help you as we have helped thousands of people over the years. Start with a consultation and strategy session. Then, we can represent you from start to finish in your case.