When a car accident leaves you with serious injuries, get serious representation from a Philadelphia car accident lawyer. Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers is a law firm in the heart of Philadelphia that will fight for your rights.
Philadelphia Car Accident Attorneys
Our car accident lawyers represent people and families in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may have important questions:
- Do I have a case?
- What is my case worth?
- How do I take my case to court?
- How do I handle the legal process?
- What do I say to the insurance company?
- How do I address specific issues in my case?
As experienced car accident lawyers, we take care of everything needed to get results.
You need to know what your rights are – what you are fighting for. We will investigate for you, and we will keep you informed every step of the way.
Then, you need to know how to get results. We are an experienced legal team who have helped thousands of people after a car accident. We know what to do.
We are a team you can turn to in your darkest times. To see how we can assist you, contact us for your free consultation and strategy session.
Legal help after a car accident in Philadelphia or its surrounding areas
Being a car accident victim isn’t easy. You deserve compensation. The funds you receive can help with your medical bills, vehicle damage, and lost income. Plus, it can recognize your pain and suffering and assist with your healing.
At Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers, we know that the representation you receive is critical for your life. Representing you is a responsibility that we take seriously.
We operate differently. Let us get to know your goals. Then, we customize a legal strategy for you as we work for justice in your case.
For your free consultation and strategy session, call 215-274-0173 today.
Types of Cases We Handle
Car accidents happen in many circumstances. Here are some types of claims we can assist you with:
- Single-vehicle accidents, two-vehicle accidents, and multi-vehicle accidents
- Large vehicles, including buses, trucks, and heavy machinery
- Commercial vehicles and drivers-for-hire (like taxis)
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents with Uber vehicles and Lyft vehicles
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Accidents involving intoxicated drivers (alcohol and drugs)
- Where the design of the vehicle or roadway may have played a role in the accident
- Claims involving government entities and public transportation
- Complex determinations of fault, situations where fault may be shared (like chain reaction accidents)
- Catastrophic injuries and claims involving issues like future medical treatment, future lost wages, home alterations to accommodate injuries, etc.
- Proving that injuries are the result of the accident (causation)
The Gibbons Legal team focuses on certain types of injury claims, including car accidents. That focus means that we’ve handled thousands of claims like yours. We understand what to look for and how to advocate for you.
If you have been hurt in a car accident, we invite you to see how Gibbons Legal can advocate for you. Contact us today for your free consultation and strategy session!
Representing the Greater Philadelphia Area
From the heart of Philadelphia, we serve the entire region of southeastern Pennsylvania, which includes:
- Philadelphia County
- Montgomery County
- Delaware County
- Bucks County
- Berks County
- Lehigh County
- Lancaster County
- Northampton County
We also help those in parts of southeastern New Jersey.
Whether you are a resident of our area or visiting at the time of the accident, we want to protect your rights. Contact us to learn more about our services and begin your claim.
Damages in a Philadelphia Car Accident
A victim’s losses in a car accident are called damages. All kinds of losses can be included. Damages are the ways that a person is harmed in a car accident.
Car accident victims may be able to claim the following types of damages:
- Past and future expenses
- Lost wages
- Medical bills, including emergency care, procedures, surgeries, medical devices, and treatment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Mental health care
- Physical pain and suffering
- Travel to and from medical appointments
- Emotional anguish, embarrassment
- Disfigurement, scars and permanent impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of lifestyle and activities
- Vehicle and other property damage
- Punitive damages (based on the defendant’s conduct – rarely awarded, but possible)
Drivers must carry minimum liability insurance (in PA, that’s $15,000). In addition, there may be other types of insurance coverage available. When a commercial driver (someone driving for a business) is involved, their employer may be liable to pay compensation.
When we have a free consultation and strategy session about your case, we talk about damages. Our lawyers can explain how damages may be calculated in your case. We discuss how we can work to maximize your damages and prove the amount that is appropriate.
Yes, we handle SEPTA cases!
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is one of the largest public transportation networks in the world. More than just buses, the network offers subway, regional rail, trolleys, buses, and a high-speed connection to nearby suburbs.
SEPTA accidents and injuries may happen under a variety of circumstances:
- Incidents during embarking and disembarking
- Departing before passengers are settled
- Other drivers who do not leave sufficient room for SEPTA buses
- Careless driving
- Failing to follow safety protocols
SEPTA operates hundreds of routes each day. When accidents occur, victims are often left with serious injuries.
We are a law firm that handles SEPTA accident claims. You should know that the time limit is very short to seek compensation for a SEPTA accident. Contact us right away to get started.
Why Choose Gibbons Legal?
Through the years, we have helped thousands of car accident victims throughout Philadelphia and the nearby region.
Here are some reasons people rely on us when they need serious help following a car accident:
- Free consultations and strategy session with a focus on your goals and needs. That’s why we call them strategy sessions!
- Respect for the seriousness of being in a car accident. A car accident can change your life, and we understand the responsibility of being your representatives.
- Honest and sincere representation. We will tell you the truth, good and bad, and we will work hard to get you results. You can count on us to act in your interests.
- Contingency fees for car accident victims. We’re confident in our services, and we want you to know we have skin in the game, too. So we won’t get paid until you get paid.
- Appropriately aggressive and experienced litigators. Your lawyer must be appropriately aggressive. However, our efforts must be focused on what’s important. With our experience as real trial lawyers, we create a plan and then work diligently on your behalf.
Throughout your case, we are compassionate representatives. Our phone lines are always open, so you can always reaches to answer questions and discuss matters. We are proud of our track record in serving car accident victims throughout Philadelphia and southeastern Pennsylvania.
Our Philadelphia Office
We are located at 2005 Market Street, Suite 1920, Philadelphia, PA, 19103. By car, we are located off I-676 near Ben Franklin Parkway. From I-676, travel south on 21st Street to arrive at 2005 Market Street. There are public parking lots near our offices.
A variety of public transportation options serve our offices, including trolleys, trains, subways, and buses.
Car Accident FAQs
What is a car accident claim?
A victim of a car accident may receive financial compensation. A car accident claim is the process for receiving compensation.
What type of lawyer handles car accidents?
A lawyer that handles car accidents is a civil, personal injury lawyer. They represent their client, the victim. The victim chooses and hires the lawyer to represent them in the legal process.
Do I have to go to trial for a car accident case?
Only a small percent of car accident claims go to trial, but a competent car accident lawyer must always prepare for trial. You have the right to a trial if you choose. However, building a strong claim can put you in a position to seek a fair settlement without the need for trial.
We resolve claims through both settlements and trials. Our goal is to act in your best interests, given the circumstances of the case.
What is a car accident settlement?
A car accident settlement is a voluntary payment to resolve a car accident case. The parties agree on a fair amount to resolve the case. Accepting a settlement is not mandatory. It is the choice of each party whether to reach a settlement.
You may think your case could never reach a settlement, especially if it seems like the insurance company is being unfair. However, the combination of building strong evidence to support your claim and strategic negotiations can produce results. Our lawyers understand what goes into reaching a fair resolution to a claim. No two cases are alike. We will work on your behalf to build your case and represent you, through settlement or trial, and until your case is complete.
I’ve heard that Pennsylvania is a no-fault state. How does that impact my claim?
Pennsylvania is a no-fault state, but the no-fault law doesn’t apply as you likely think. Simply put, Pennsylvania’s no-fault laws means that your own insurance company will pay a portion of your medical bills regardless of who caused the accident. This is called “no-fault medical benefits,” or “personal injury protection” (“PIP”), and it’s illegal for your insurance company to raise your rates or cancel your insurance for making such a claim.
Does the no-fault law apply in every car accident claim?
In Pennsylvania, yes.
Free Consultation with a Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer
We invite you to have a free consultation and strategy session with a Philadelphia car accident lawyer at Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. Call 215-274-0173 or send us a message today.
Your life has changed. We know how hard this is for you and your family, and we will fight for you.
Contact us now to talk about your case and start today.