If you need a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer, contact Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. Our experienced team of lawyers represent injured pedestrians in compensation claims.
Got hurt? Get Gibbons! We help injured victims get justice – and compensation.
Start your case now by calling 215-274-0173 or send us a message to discuss your case.
Lawyers Who Represent Pedestrians in the Philadelphia Area
From the heart of Philadelphia, we are proud to serve injured pedestrians and their families. Because of the large size and fast speed of a motor vehicle, pedestrian accident victims often face severe injuries. Our lawyers represent the legal interests of victims in their important claims for compensation. The monetary payment you receive can help you with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. It can also provide fair compensation for the pain, suffering, and emotional anguish associated with the harm that has occurred.
The legal rights of pedestrians
We are all pedestrians at some point. Whether you are walking from your vehicle to a business, out for a walk, or running errands, there is a good chance that you are often a pedestrian.
Just like drivers have a duty to other drivers, they also have a duty to pedestrians. If you are struck by a motor vehicle or otherwise hurt while a pedestrian, you may deserve financial compensation. Our lawyers can help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
Here are some examples of negligence that may cause a pedestrian accident:
- Failing to slow down and look for pedestrians when approaching an intersection
- Not yielding to a pedestrian that is already in a crosswalk
- Speeding up to try and beat a traffic light
- Traveling too fast for the level of foot traffic in the area
- Backing up without looking behind
- Passing a vehicle that is stopped for a pedestrian
- Turning in front of a pedestrian that is crossing in another direction
- Not being aware of surroundings, especially when visibility is low
- Hitting the gas instead of the brakes and traveling up on the sidewalk
- Driving too close to the shoulder
- Drunk driving, distracted driving, driving while tired or fatigued
- Poor lighting in pedestrian areas
- Poor locations of bus stops and crosswalks
Who may be liable for a pedestrian accident?
It isn’t just a motor vehicle driver that may be financially liable for a pedestrian accident.
Parties who may be responsible to pay compensation for a pedestrian accident include:
- Motor vehicle drivers
- The government entity responsible for maintaining the road or the road design
- An employer of a commercial driver
- Rideshare companies like Uber or Lyft, taxi companies
- Other pedestrians, bicyclists, and anyone who impeded the flow of traffic
- A vehicle designer and manufacturer
As your personal injury lawyers, we look at all opportunities for you to receive compensation. Let our team investigate your case and complex factors that may have played a role. Then, we create a legal strategy and pursue your compensation.
How We Serve You
There are several ways that our lawyers protect your rights if you are the victim of a pedestrian accident. We may assist with the following:
- Determining your options for filing a claim with regard for Pennsylvania’s complex no-fault choice system
- Identifying negligence and whether you qualify for a third-party claim based on serious bodily injury
- Understanding compensation that may be available and how to claim compensation for things like pain and suffering, mental injury, and emotional anguish
- Preserving evidence and proving fault
- Starting your case, whether it is filing an insurance claim or preparing legal documents
- Representing you in court appearances, negotiating on your behalf
- Knowing what your case should be worth so that you can make informed decisions throughout the case
- Providing legal knowledge and a customized legal strategy
We know the challenges that pedestrians face in claiming compensation. Our dedicated team knows how to meet these challenges. To us, you are not just a name or a case number. You are a person with real losses and harms. The compensation you receive can set the stage for healing and for the future. Results matter to you, and they matter to us, too.
Representing adults and children
Our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers represent adults and children. Whether a child is walking to the bus stop, towards a vehicle, or simply out at play, they may be a pedestrian accident victim. Anyone who is hurt may benefit from our legal services. We invite you to see how we can help you and your family.
Pedestrian Accident FAQs
Who has the right of way in an intersection in Philadelphia?
If an intersection has a traffic signal, both pedestrians and motorists must obey the traffic signal. A driver must yield the right of way to a pedestrian that has already entered the crosswalk.
When can a pedestrian cross the street when they are not in an intersection, and there is no crosswalk?
If a pedestrian is not in an intersection and there is no crosswalk, the pedestrian must yield to motor vehicles.
Consultations Available – Contact Us Now
From the heart of Philadelphia, Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers is proud to be your pedestrian accident lawyers. Serving residents and visitors throughout Philadelphia, we are proud of our track record of success. Our founder, Tom Gibbons, works on each case personally. You can expect individualized attention that gets results.
Start your case with a consultation and strategy session. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can take care of everything as we seek compensation on your behalf. Our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers are here to assist you in getting fairly compensated.
Call or message us today to start your case.