Results matter. So when you need a Philadelphia premises liability lawyer, contact Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. We represent people who are injured while on someone else’s property.
You can have a professional on your side. Our team of personal injury lawyers is nationally renowned. We represent clients in Philadelphia and surrounding areas, taking a comprehensive approach.
To see how a Philadelphia premises liability lawyer can assist you, call 215-274-0173 or message us now for your consultation.
Lawyers for Premises Liability Serving Philadelphia
Have you been hurt on someone else’s property? Was there a dangerous condition that contributed to your injury? You may have a premises liability case.
We are lawyers for premises liability, serving Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Dangerous conditions on a property can result in accidents. If you’re a victim, you may receive monetary compensation.
Our lawyers specialize in helping people get their compensation. With our experience, professional skills, and a strategy that is unique to your case, you can count on us to get results when it matters.
For your consultation, and to start your case today, contact us now.
Understanding Premises Liability
What is premises liability?
Premises liability is the right to compensation based on an injury on someone else’s property. It occurs when someone gets hurt because of a dangerous condition on property owned by someone else. The victim may receive financial compensation because of the harm that they suffer.
To receive compensation, the victim must initiate a claim. Our lawyers can represent you to start and pursue your case.
Things to know about premises liability law
- Property owners have a duty to keep their property safe.
- The exact legal standards that apply to the property owner vary based on what brought the person to the property, like a business or social purpose.
- Victims may receive financial compensation.
- Compensation may reflect physical injuries, financial losses, and personal suffering. – Your case may be worth more than you think.
- Often, liability insurance pays compensation. That means there are often paths for a victim to collect their payment, whether the property is commercial or residential.
- A victim must take steps to get their compensation. They may have the representation of a premises liability lawyer.
- Our experienced lawyers can assist you. We work to maximize your compensation and make the legal process easier.
Victims shouldn’t have to bear the losses of a premises liability accident without compensation. They have important rights. Exercising those rights effectively is important for any victim. Our law firm specializes in dangerous property cases. Whatever the circumstances, we can create a plan for you and work for results.
Types of Premises Liability Cases
To understand premises liability, it helps to look at types of premises liability cases. Here are some examples:
- Falling or tripping on a hazard: Broken flooring, a bunched up rug, products or displays in an aisle, or a spilled substance are all examples of dangers that may result in a fall.
- Broken implements of travel: Elevators and escalators can malfunction. Broken railings or a lack of signs can contribute to an accident. Even stairs that are poorly maintained, or that are not designed up to code can be an unreasonable hazard.
- Poor security: One of the ways a property owner must keep their property safe is with adequate security. Whether criminal incidents are known, or there are large crowds in general, inadequate security may be grounds for liability. Examples of crimes are robbery, sexual assault, and assault and battery.
- Bad lighting: Poor lighting may contribute to a slip and fall accident.
- Placement of objects and items: Objects placed in the path of people on the property may cause an accident.
- Fire hazards: Electrical problems, open fires, unsafe storage, and inadequate maintenance can all contribute to the possibility of fire and injury to victims.
- Amusement and recreation: When a person uses their property for a recreational purpose, like amusement park attractions, sports, or recreation, malfunctions, and poor maintenance may contribute to injury.
- Chemical hazards: Harmful chemicals may cause injury by exposure
- Animals: Dog bites and other animal attacks can be the basis for liability and compensation.
Your situation may not be listed here. However your injury occurred, our lawyers can explore your right to compensation. Contact us today for a personal evaluation.
Do I have a case for premises liability?
Having a case for premises liability depends on four elements. Each must be true for you to have the right to receive compensation:
- Duty to the person on the property: The exact duty someone has to a person on their property depends on why the person is there. The highest duty is to a person invited for business purposes like a customer, tenant, or healthcare patient. There are also duties for social guests, salespersons, utility workers, and delivery professionals. There is little duty to a trespasser, but intentional harm is still prohibited, and children have special protections.
- Breach of duty: The property owner must fall short of their duty and allow a dangerous condition to occur.
- An accident that caused injury: There must be an accident or incident that results in injury to the victim. There must be causation between the incident and the injury.
- Damages: Damages are the ways that a person is hurt. Damages include financial losses, mental health injuries, physical pain, and emotional anguish.
Our lawyers will work to prove each part of your case. We will evaluate your entire situation to maximize compensation and handle your case efficiently.
Legal Representation for Injuries on Property
Locations we serve:
- Bucks County
- Chester County
- Delaware County
- Montgomery County
- Philadelphia County
We are proud to represent Philadelphia and the entire area.
How a lawyer can help
Our lawyers will:
- Build evidence
- Evaluate options to claim compensation
- Represent and advocate
Whatever you need for your case – no matter how big or small – you can count on us.
Without a lawyer, you may feel pressured to settle. They might offer a settlement that is too little. On the other hand, the insurance company may deny liability completely. A lawyer can help you evaluate the situation and push back when necessary. With our legal team, you can have confidence that your case is in good hands.
Free Consultation – Start Your Case Today
When you work with Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers, you have Philadelphia premises liability lawyers that you can trust. To us, you are a name, not a file number.
For a free consultation, we invite you to talk with our lawyers. Let us answer your questions and explain your rights. We can start your case today.