Are you looking for a Philadelphia bicycle accident lawyer? We are Gibbons & Crichton, Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. We represent people who are hurt in bicycle accidents.
We are here to answer your questions and pursue the compensation you deserve. Our Philadelphia bicycle accident lawyers have a track record of success. Let us protect your rights. With a comprehensive approach, we can take care of everything needed for your case.
See how we can assist you. Contact our law firm today at 215-274-0173 or message us online to begin.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys Serving Philadelphia
There are too many bicycle accident fatalities each year in the greater Philadelphia area. Many more people suffer serious injuries.
Victims may have the right to compensation – but how do they get it? You may have multiple options for pursuing payment for your injuries, losses, and harms.
Are you wondering:
- Can I get compensation for a bicycle accident?
- Who is liable for my bicycle accident injuries and damages?
- How do I go about claiming compensation?
- What do I do if those responsible refuse my claim?
- Am I asking for the right amount of compensation?
- Should I settle my case?
- What can I do if I lost a loved one in a bicycle accident?
Our lawyers can assist you with all these steps and questions. As a bicycle accident victim, you may have claims against multiple defendants, including a vehicle driver, a government entity responsible for road maintenance and traffic flow, an employer of a commercial driver, and others. In addition, you may have a personal injury claim through your own insurance for medical payments, income loss benefits, and other damages.
We are bicycle accident lawyers serving Philadelphia. Bicyclists have important rights. Our lawyers work to exercise these rights effectively on your behalf. Our goal is to secure compensation for your immediate needs and address your future needs, too. We want you to get fair compensation for what has happened.
Call us at 215-274-0173 or message us today to talk about your situation.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Philadelphia
If you suffer serious bodily injury, proving the cause of the accident may be key to securing your compensation. Potential accident scenarios include:
- Turning in front of a bicyclist at an intersection
- Cutting off a bicyclist in a dedicated bike lane
- Not allowing a bicyclist to cross when they have the right of way
- Failing to leave a clear distance when stopping at a crosswalk
- Driving too close to the shoulder
- Not watching out for bicyclists, especially at dark or when visibility is poor
- Bad reaction time because of drunk driving, distracted driving, or driving fatigued
- Mechanical problems, including brake failure
Our lawyers can investigate and build the evidence needed for your case.
Do You Need a Lawyer After a Bicycle Accident?
Having experienced legal representation can ensure that you are treated fairly when you have injuries from a bicycle accident.
Some of the issues and questions we may assist you with are:
- Identifying parties with fault and insurance policies that may apply
- Proving fault, using accident reconstruction as needed to show how the crash occurred
- Responding to attempts to minimize liability
- Ensuring you claim the full amount of damages available to you
- Identifying key issues in your case, like future medical bills, lost income, or compensation due to family members
- Fighting back against prejudices and stereotypes that bicyclists may face in court
- Representing your interests in court
- Knowing legal procedure and rules of evidence, creating your custom legal strategy
- Answering questions, discussing your case, and developing a legal strategy
To the Philadelphia bicycle accident lawyers at Gibbons & Crichton, Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers, you are not just a case file or a client number. You are a real person with real needs and rights. We stand up for the rights of bicycle accident victims. Together, we pursue justice and the compensation that you deserve.
Representing Philadelphia and the surrounding region
From our offices in the heart of Philadelphia, we are proud to represent victims throughout the region. Our clients are adults and children. They are competitive and recreational bicyclists. For each person we serve, we seek answers and justice. We invite you to see how we can represent you.
Bicycle Accident Compensation FAQs
How do I get compensation for a bicycle accident in Philadelphia?
To get compensation for a bicycle accident in Philadelphia, you must determine your options to bring a claim, whether it is no-fault or through a third-party claim for serious bodily injury. Then, you must bring an insurance claim or file a legal claim depending on what is appropriate. You must prove your damages and show that they are the result of the bicycle accident.
Who is usually at fault for a bicycle accident in Philadelphia?
Most often, a vehicle driver is at fault for a bicycle accident in Philadelphia. However, fault may be shared. A bicyclist must follow the rules of the road that apply to bicyclists.
Do I qualify for having serious injuries in a bicycle accident?
Even at low speeds, a bicycle crash can result in serious injury. Bicyclists often have serious injuries because of their relative size compared to a motor vehicle. A serious bodily injury creates a risk of death or results in serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted impairment of the function of a bodily member or organ.
What compensation can I claim for serious bicycle accident injuries?
If you have serious bicycle accident injuries, you may claim compensation for economic and non-economic losses. Economic losses are things like medical bills and lost income. Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, lifestyle limitations, and visible disfigurement.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultation
For a free consultation with a Philadelphia bicycle accident lawyer, we invite you to contact Gibbons & Crichton, Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers.
Don’t wait to contact us. We can start working on your case right away. Call 215-274-0173 or send us a message. Consultations are available in our offices, the hospital, at home, or another place that is convenient for you. We can also meet virtually.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bicycle accident, contact us now. We look forward to talking with you.