When you need a Philadelphia Uber accident lawyer, we are here to represent your interests. We are Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers. Start with a free consultation with our legal team by calling 215-274-0173 or send us a message today.
Representing Uber Accident Victims in Philadelphia
There are thousands of Uber drivers in the Philadelphia area. Residents and visitors to the region rely on the rideshare service for transportation around the city. When an accident occurs, victims may be left wondering what to do.
Our Uber accident lawyers represent victims of rideshare accidents in the Philadelphia area.
If you have been hurt, you may deserve financial compensation. We can represent you.
Our legal team helps you receive the payment you deserve. In addition, we work to make the legal process efficient while giving you the guidance you need to make important decisions in your case. See how we can help you and start your case today by calling 215-274-0173 or message us now for your consultation.
- Uber passengers
- Other vehicle drivers
- Passengers in another vehicle
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, and pedestrians
- Anyone else involved in a rideshare accident
If you or a loved one are hurt in an Uber accident, you may deserve compensation. Our injury lawyers understand Pennsylvania’s complex car accident insurance and liability system. We know how to evaluate a case when a rideshare company like Uber is involved. Whatever the situation, if you were hurt by the actions of others, you may deserve financial compensation. Our Philadelphia Uber accident lawyers are here to ensure that you receive the justice you deserve.
Legal Help for an Uber Accident in Philadelphia
Here are some of the ways we can provide legal help for an Uber accident in Philadelphia:
- Reporting the accident to Uber
- Documenting your injuries and losses
- Reviewing insurance policies and guarantees to determine what applies
- Understanding who has legal fault and how liability applies to a rideshare driver
- Knowing what your claim may be worth and the types of compensation that you may receive
- Responding to attempts to minimize your claim
- Negotiating your case, responding in the appropriate way if Uber offers too little
- Pursuing your case through legal procedures and channels to get you results
Legal help for an Uber accident happens in court, and it happens behind the scenes. We are skilled in the laws and procedures that make a difference. We also answer your questions and provide guidance throughout the case.
Each case is unique and deserves a personalized approach. To see how we can customize your representation, call or message us now.
Compensation for an Uber Accident
The victim of an Uber accident may receive compensation from multiple sources. Pennsylvania uses a no-fault system for car accidents, but it is complex. People can opt out of no-fault, and people with severe injuries can go outside the no-fault system to claim economic and non-economic damages.
In addition, Uber offers insurance that includes third-party liability and uninsured/underinsured coverage. The amount of bodily injury and property damage compensation available through Uber depends on the status of the driver and whether they were actively engaged in rideshare services at the time of the crash.
Liability for Uber injuries and damages
Here are some ways that liability for Uber injuries and damages may arise:
- Stopping to embark or disembark passengers in a place that is unsafe
- Pulling away before people are secure in the vehicle
- Improper loading and storing of luggage and cargo
- Inadequate vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Looking at the app or phone while driving
- Driving while intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Working for too many hours without a break
- Traffic violations and errors
- Careless or reckless driving
Uber drivers should be qualified to provide rideshare services. They should also take sufficient care to keep their vehicle in working condition. A driver may be in a hurry to try and maximize their profits. They may exercise poor judgment in a way that results in a crash.
Types of compensation you may receive
- Medical expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Prescription medication
- Personal care needs like hospitalization, nursing home, and home care costs
- Future losses and damages
- Lost income
- Property damage, including vehicle damage
- Mental health injury and treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of lifestyle and disfigurement
Too many victims underestimate the compensation they may receive. We work to ensure your losses are identified, documented, and claimed.
Our lawyers investigate the factors that caused the accident. Then, we evaluate your options to claim compensation. We are trial lawyers, and pursue your case in full. Our Philadelphia Uber accident lawyers are determined to get results for victims and their families. Contact us to explore how we can assist in your case.
Uber Accident FAQs
How do I report an accident to Uber?
What laws apply to Uber drivers in Pennsylvania?
Do Uber drivers have to have insurance in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Pennsylvania law requires a rideshare company to ensure that their drivers are insured. Uber provides up to $1 million in third-party liability insurance for its drivers.
What is Uber’s history in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania has had Uber since 2014. However, Uber paid a fine of $11.4 million for operating in 2014 without the appropriate licenses and permissions before lawmakers passed the Pennsylvania Rideshare Act. Uber again faced scrutiny in 2018, paying a $5.7 fine to Pennsylvania regulators because of its handling of a data breach.
Taking Uber Accident Cases Now – Consultations Available
The Gibbons Legal Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers are taking new Uber accident cases. We represent local residents and visitors to Philadelphia.
Meet with our team at our offices in the heart of Philadelphia, or we can meet you in the hospital, at home, or in another convenient location.